Pete C

Default Microporus paint

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:29:11 +0100, "Dave Gibson" wrote:

Yep, I remember it well. My window frames are standard Boulton and Paul
pressure treated softwood. The last time I stripped all the woodwork back to
raw using a scraper and sander I used 2 coats of Sikkens Cetol HLS (Teak)
followed by 2 coats of Sikkens Cetol Filter 7 (Teak). As I said, the coating
started flaking off on the horizontals after 3 years on the south side of
the house. I then rubbed it down and applied 2 coats of Ronseal 5 year
Woodstain and its still in good nick after 6 years, although I will be
applying a maintenance coat this year.

Needless to say I shall never use Sikkens again, I think its overpriced (
although the Ronseal product is not *that* much cheaper ) and overhyped

Sorry to hear that, I guess I will prefer Sadolin in future. Cetol
does have a good reputation for UV resistance though. I always though
Sikkens were the same company that made Sikaflex, but it looks like
they aren't.

cheers,
Pete

HTH