Bill Jeffrey

Either RF or IR is likely to be a problem if 10 or 50 people all push
the "vote" button at the same time. There are ways to enable this, but
they are likely to be complex and costly.

Bill

NSM wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

IR will suck. Use RF.