Nicky

Poplar. Great to work with, machines well, takes paint really well,
relatively inexpensive.

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
m...

I am planning to build a free standing liquor cabinet for myself. The

finish
will be a painted one. The wood that I have available is walnut, mahogany,
white oak and hard maple. I prefer not to use plywood if at all possible

and
the thought of painting the wood I have on hand doesn't please me. I'm
guessing that pine might be too soft.

So I was thinking of alder, birch, ash, basswood and poplar. Other than
birch I haven't worked he other woods much, if at all. Considering that

cost
is also a factor - anyone have any suggestions on what would give me the
best result/cost?

Thanx,

Vic Baron
--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't