John

Popular would be a good choice, but if painting why not MDF? Machines
great, takes paint great. Only real downside is the weight.

John

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:05:01 GMT, "Vic Baron"
wrote:

I am planning to build a free standing liquor cabinet for myself. The finish
will be a painted one. The wood that I have available is walnut, mahogany,
white oak and hard maple. I prefer not to use plywood if at all possible and
the thought of painting the wood I have on hand doesn't please me. I'm
guessing that pine might be too soft.

So I was thinking of alder, birch, ash, basswood and poplar. Other than
birch I haven't worked he other woods much, if at all. Considering that cost
is also a factor - anyone have any suggestions on what would give me the
best result/cost?

Thanx,

Vic Baron