Andy Hall

Default Building a shed from scratch

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:55:20 +0100, Steven Briggs
wrote:

In message , John Rumm
writes
Steven Briggs wrote:
Strangely the T&G works out considerably cheaper at £13.40 (+vat) for
a 8'x4' equivalent area.

Is that for proper flooring grade T&G? If so then that is handy to
know... (was thinking about using T&G in place of chipboard in my loft
conversion - but was assuming it was going to cost lots more)

I thinks so. Its whitewood, 22mm nominal.
Probably better to use 25mm in the house, but its OK for the shed.

There is certainly a production volume factor in a number of materials
where, if you buy them from a suitable merchant are unexpectedly less
than you would think they might be.

Among them are

-18mm WBP ply and OSB

-Flooring T&G

-CLS timber

I used T&G boarding for sheds and boarding the house and garage. It
might be a bit more expensive than chipboard but is a lot more
pleasant to work in terms of lightness, cutting and manoevrability in
a small space.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl