ameijers

"Matt Morgan" wrote in message
ROFL.

You aren't talking about the company that put mine new system in, are you?

Exposed romex splice, sitting right in the joist space.

Tech told me it would never hurt anything.

Unbelievable.

Just had a similar discussion with my brother in law, about why, YES, the
forgotten romex clamps were needed on the can lights he was installing, even
though 'nobody would ever be in that attic dead space tugging on the wires.'
Yes, the odds are it would probably be fine, but if one person adding
another light 20 years from now tugged too hard on the wire, it could cause
a fire, and that is why code requires strain reliefs and enclosed junctions.

As soon as I said that the inspector at resale time would notice the lights
when he went into attic, my sister volunteered to drive back to the big-box.

aem sends....