George

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Umm, lots of people use to do that if they had the
time, especially since they could save about $1000
which was nearly 1/4 years salary. But I think
the dealer franchises put a stop to that long ago.
Otoh, my neighbor last fall flew half way across
the U.S. and drove his new motorhome back, saving
$10,000 over the sales price of a local dealer.
Might not be much for high living folk, but for
over 50 percent of the working people it is 3
months salary. Not bad for a 4 day trip.

Not bad, but I'm sure he wasn't happy with the close attention given these
days to holders of one-way tickets.