Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:16:30 GMT, (s--p--o--n--i--x)
wrote:

That's because copper coins aren't copper, afaik.

They used to be bronze, now they're copper over steel. As far as the
surface goes, they still clean as for copper.

Cillit bang is useful stuff, but it's well overpriced and you can buy
the same thing much more cheaply without the brand name.

Last week I accidentally splashed a copper pitcher which hasn't been cleaned
for thirty or so years with Harpic lime scale remover. The effct was
amazing, spots of the classic salmon pink pure metal showed. I made a very
weak solution and immersed the whole item in it, it worked like a dream.

Somewhere I have some Brasso ...

Mary