Larry Jaques

On 3 Apr 2005 19:49:37 -0700, the inscrutable "Mitch"
spake:

My first veneer project.

I veneered a panel with bookmatched veneer. I joined the seam between
the two bookmatched "leaves" together with gummed veneer tape. Put it
in a press for a few hours. unitl the glue cured.

Once out of the press, how do I get the veneer tape off?

I've tried a scraper, but it still took a lot of pressure and repeated
scrapings. And its still not all off. I have a lot of doors to do this
way, so I'm looking for some labor saving secret.

I tried moistening the tape. This helped but the glue seemed to be left
on the surface.

If there's no easy way to get it off, could I avoid this problem and
use masking tape?

The veneer god I saw in Sandy Eggo used the moisture-set veneer tape.
His stuff went for $15k+. He had just ordered a $150k machine to use
it, too.

The blue painter's masking tape is successfully used by David Marks.

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development