TeamCasa wrote:
snip
Nope. Maybe a visual will help. A 10' 2x4 needs to be 9'. A line is

made
at the 9' mark. The 2x4 is setting on a set of sawhorses spaced 5'

apart.
A 15" section is extending past one of the sawhorses, unsupported.

With
your left hand, you are holding the 9' section down and with your

right hand
you grab your trusty left blade saw and slice the line off. The

small,
unsupported piece falls safely to the ground, the saw is still on the

9'
section. You then remove the saw from the now 9' 2x4.

Gentlmen,

This is EXACTLy the kind of post I was looking for, before I bought the
PC 423 (blade left) and eventually, the 324 (blade right). I sincerely
appreciate the spirited discussion. I was thinking I was the only one
scratching my head, but it appears I'm not alone. There is some
confusion.

I followed your logic and your visual all the way to the end. But with
the PC 423 (blade left) saw, the unsupported piece falls to the ground,
with the saw. The weight of the motor, forces the saw off the board.
I suppose it's possible to hold it up, but once it's start to slip off,
there is very little shoe holding it up.

Having said that...you realize, I'm talking sidewinder here, not worm
gear. Your visual may well be correct, with the worm gear.

As far as my particular saw goes, it appears that Leon found the answer
in the owners manual (but who reads those...right?). It clearly says,
hold in LEFT hand.

I'm not saying anybody is wrong, but it struck me as odd, that so many
right handed people liked the blade left saw. It just did not feel
comfortable to me, when cutting anything other than sheet.

Again gentlemen, I thank you for your opinions and suggestions. I am
grateful.

I have the blade right PC 324...and feel comfortable again.

Thank you