Leon

OK, and the final answer, For this type saw, sidewinder, PC Model 423 left
hand blade. USE YOUR LEFT HAND.

Look at the owners manual where is clearly indicated to hold the saw with
your LEFT HAND ON THE TRIGGER.

Look here http://media.ptg-online.com/20050103...0-01-04-04.pdf
on pages 14,15,16.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Pat Barber wrote:
You were doing it wrong. The motor side is always
on the finished side not the waste side. Using the
blade left saw requires changing your methods.

Pat (or someone),

I value your advice tremendously, so please be patient with me.

The question I have now is, two people have said, "You are doing it
wrong" and that I have to switch methods. Are you saying that I need
to become left handed?

Because, if I understand you, you are saying that I need to have the
motor over the "good" peice (not the waste). If so, I'd have to have
the saw in my left hand right (cutting on the left end of the board)?
And I'm not left handed.

Honestly....is this some kind of ongoing joke that I'm just not
getting? Or am I missing something?

I've read lots of forums where people seem to "get used" to it (blade
left saws - specifically, PC 423MAG). But I have a hard time believing
that the wood doesn't bind up, or that you don't have trouble
controlling the end of the cut, when the weight of the saw begins drop
the waste peice. And using the saw in my left hand, cutting on the
left side of the board feels akward. But I don't believe I could ever
get used to being left handed...can I?

Again, I value your opinion....thanks!