Robert Bonomi

In article ,
alexy wrote:
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

In article ,
alexy wrote:
I need some ideas for doing this. Non-abrasive, so the fine sand
add-ins for floor paint are out. And I don't want anything as ugly as
the pine tar used on a baseball bat, but more in that line.

I have wooden bench dogs that insist on falling down in their holes.
They are (freshly) finished with tung oil. I imagine that as the oil
dries out, they will lose some of their slipperiness. And I could also
put a little wedge under the "spring" (a sliver of wood on the side
that springs out against the side of the dog hole) to shorten and
stiffen it. But is there something else I could put on the dog's body
or the dog hole sides to make their mating less slippery? (Keep it
clean, guys!)

"Tincture of time" grin

Thanks. I suspect that is the ultimate answer, and tightening the
springs seems to have done it in the meantime.

For a temporary fix, try some rubber cement. just a strip down each side.

let dry *thoroughly* before using!

Interesting idea! I suspect that it would not stick to the wood well
enough until the oil had dried--then we are back to your original
solution!

The entire purpose of rubber cement is to 'not stick well' to anything.

Rubber cement will "sorta" stick to durn near anything. And, when it doesn't
stick, or when you want to remove it, you just rub it off. The solvent in
it can leave mild stain marks if it sinks in. But with the oiled stock,
that shouldn't be a problem.