Swingman

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
You were doing it wrong. The motor side is always
on the finished side not the waste side.

Unfortunately there are some panel saw setups, and jigs that use saw guides,
that don't follow this convention with sidewinder circular saws, which can
be confusing as hell, particularly to those of us who spent the
preponderance of our circular saw lives with a left bladed, worm drive 77 in
our right hands.

AAMOF, I have a commercial panel saw setup that if the motor on my Makita
right bladed sidewinder was on the finished side, you couldn't use the guide
to cut anything over 1/2" thick with it.

I bought the Makita because that damned 77 just kept getting heavier and
heavier with each passing year. Now, besides being forced to use that sissy
sidewinder, I have to scratch my head a time or two when it comes to using
it in panel mode ... "Life gets teejus , don't It?"

.... apologies to Carson Robison.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04