Kyle Boatright

uriah wrote in message ...
I am selling house and have 5 rooms that need new rugs or hardwood
floors refinished. I have de rugged 2 and floor is in decent shape (
needs refinsh but no major blems etc).

My real estate agent tells me I will get my cost back in sale price
but she may be FOS. In the atlanta georgia area what kind of ball
park per square ft. cost might I expect. Do not need to call people
out for estimates and waste their time if cost will be to high about
800 ft sq total.

I just had 700 sf of hardwood installed in Atlanta. Supposedly I got a good
deal because of connections to the installer. That said, the total cost was
$6.25/sf with the breakdown being $3.00/sf for the wood, $1.00 for laying
the wood, and $2.25 for finishing the wood. I would expect the $2.25 is
what it might cost to refinish an older floor.

So, your total cost would be in the $1800 range if you could get the same
pricing I did...

One option is DIY. It ain't rocket science, and I'd guess you could do that
much in a weekend if you wanted...