Badger

Pete C wrote:

So I should look for a MIG rather than an ARC. Next question is: Gas or
Gas less? I don't really fancy the trouble of bottles and the associated
space they would take up so I think gas less would be best.

Re going back to the workshops, I live in Surrey now and have not found
anything similar. Also I don't have the time to make full use of the
membership so it would be a bit of a waste.

Hi,

Get a gas MIG, look at the prices of normal vs flux core wire and bear
in mind you'll need more of the flux cored stuff:

The budget gas MIGs are set up to take small disposable cylinders, but
can use full size ones with the right adapter. I would have thought a
gas MIG can use flux cored wire too with no problems.

MigTigArc Portsmouth are useful, inside I'd use gas, outside gasless,
most will handle gasless fluxed wire, with the right sized tip!