Teamcasa

That's why most sidewinder saws are blade right. Blade left only makes
sense if you're left handed or don't care one way or the other.

Could lefties using right handed saws explain their lowered longevity?

What???
I've used the arguably best cicular saw made, the Skill MAG 77 for many
years.
It has the blade on the left side and I'm right handed. This worm drive is
at home eating framing wood without difficulty all day, day after day and is
the choice of quality framers here in So. Calif. Guys that show up with the
sidewinders are looked upon as rookies.

It is a mystery why anyone would bother with one on the sidewinders unless
they can not lift a Skill MAG77.

I don't really mean to come off as araogant as my statements above read but
I have tried to use the right or left blade sidewinders and have always gone
back to the solid, accurate MAG77. Bosch now owns Skil and make a Bosch
version that is identical except for the guard.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com