Jon Elson

joebass wrote:

I just bought a new shop to start my welding business. It was an engine
repair shop. The owners left ALOT of crap. With it came a Bridgeport
mill.

Oh, you asked on ShopFloorTalk about boring. It may not be real good for
boring, because it doesn't have back gear. The lowest spindle speed is 275,
I use about 80 RPM when doing larger boring jobs, sometimes even slower
for really big bores. Also, depending on the condition of the knee ways,
the table may not move in a straight line any more. Worse, almost certainly
on a machine this old, the knee will rock in a forward/backward motion when
the knee movement is reversed. That will play hob with boring!

Jon