Doctor Evil

wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil
writes

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message

Is it just me or is there anyone else
perplexed by the way modern products
seem to have got worse rather than better?

Overall you are right. The biggest problem I find is the quality of
service - many have telephone answering voices that say "your call is

valued
by us", then a rude slob speaks to you. Far too many tradesmen are

cowboys.
Few people have any pride in their work. Being customer focused is
non-existent in many companies. We need more John Lewis types around.

I find I have to take back products far more than what I used to, that is
why I value long guarantees from organisations that honour them.

Just out of interest John, do you buy extended guarantees?

Bertie, no. Just products with decent guarantees. John Lewis give 2 years
minimum on all white goods, even though the makers may only give one.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download