Charlie Bress

The clocks probably have battery back-up so that the alarm will not be reset
if the outage comes when you are sleeping.

Some other equipment had large enough storage capacity for the power supply
so that it will survive a brief outage without resetting.

Charlie

"Choreboy" wrote in message
It's a gusty day. I was in a house across the street when a light
flickered for two seconds. Digital equipment in three rooms had to be
reset: microwave, answering machine, computer, and television.

I've always assumed such flickering comes from arcing in a transmission
line, but digital clocks in two other rooms were not affected. The same
transformer supplies my house, and none of my digital equipment was
affected.

What could cause power fluctuations that would affect household
electronics on some circuits but not others?

Choreboy