Dr. Hardcrab

"Pawel" wrote in message
I am looking for a help in picking a new oil burning furnace (with AC
coil). Co far i got two estimates 4600 for williamson installed by my local
oil company (Santa Oil) and 5600 for Kenmore installed by Sears. I wonder
if there are any sites comparing furnaces and if anyone has experience with
Sears and their oil furnaces. thanks

Your local oil company will probably have the best prices and service. Not
bad-mouthing Sears, but all they are is a middle man. They get one of the
local contractors to do the work for them so you end up paying more just to
have "Sears" on your furnace (and the furnace is NOT made by Sears).

Get at least 3 QUOTES (not estimates) from at least 3 different companies.
The brand doesn't mean as much as the installer.

Armstrong furnaces are inexpensive (compared to others) and very dependable.
ThermoPride is a very good furnace, but you are going to pay big bucks for
it.