Harry Bloomfield

on 03/04/2005, Heds supposed :
Hi,

I am looking at buying a welder and would appreciate some advice on which
type to get.

My budget is limited to around the £50 mark, and it will be used for mostly
artistic work & small repairs, nothing requiring any perfect seams.

I used to weld years ago with an Oxy and Mig, although I found the plasma
cutter to be the most fun, this was at the Edinburgh Sculpture Workshops so I
had access to all of their equipment.

If you needs are to weld 3mm and above thick steel, then an ordinary
electric welder (using rods) would do fine. Mig types are essential for
steel much thinner than this though.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)