John Rumm

Default Building a shed from scratch

Steven Briggs wrote:

Well there's a number of windows, French doors on the summer house,
which reduce the cladding requirement, and extra framing for the
sticky-out roof over the deck area.

Good point.... (I stick to my comment about always needing more cladding
though ;-)

Using T&G for the floor will push the price up as well. 19mm WBP ply
works very well at about 18 quid a sheet (I needed 3 IIRC)

Strangely the T&G works out considerably cheaper at £13.40 (+vat) for a
8'x4' equivalent area.

Is that for proper flooring grade T&G? If so then that is handy to
know... (was thinking about using T&G in place of chipboard in my loft
conversion - but was assuming it was going to cost lots more)

Oh I don't know. I can see LV spots being used inside & outside on the
summerhouse / deck area, the effect looks so good on the CAD renders.

;-)

Point of no return tomorrow hopefully, the old garage goes, leaving a
yawning great space to be filled.

Good luck!

--
Cheers,