Prometheus

On 2 Apr 2005 04:32:20 -0800, wrote:

Last night my ~$100 Delta table saw worm gear gave up the ghost. (It
was a gift from a neighbor)

I used the saw for straight up cuts only (no bevels) with the blade
fully extended. The saw has no vertical adjustment but it will bevel.

(Previous to the Delta, I used a home-made adaptor for a Skil saw that
made an acceptable 'table saw'. 2 thumbscrews and it was on/off the
table. It was very portable and I hung it flat on my wall.)

I do NOT need a pro saw or dado ability.

My idea:

1 I am thinking of a used worm/hypoid gear circular saw as the
replacement 'motor'. At 13 Amps is is almost 2hp and the bearings and
the gears are pretty rugged.

2 I would remove the blade guard and I would mount my 10" blade on
the 7-1/4" saw under the table with the blade fully extended.

Anyone ever try this?

Yep. It works fine on job sites, and if that's all you need, then go
for it. If you want another table saw and are willing to pay
shipping, I might be looking to get rid of a Delta TS200 with
home-built stand (stand is 1.5" x .188" angle iron) for $60-70.
Everything works on it, I just decided that I *do* need dado ability.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam