I'm not clear on why you'd need to remove the blade guard, but then
I don't see that it would serve any purpose the way you'd be
using it.

I have a circular saw and I want a table saw in addition.

Actually, your question is very useful. At first, I thought that the
blade guard would limit my ability to angle the blade. (changed my
mind when I placed my circular saw on the upside down table). It turns
out that the guard is not in the way. However, the handle interferes
with mounting and I will have to remove it. The blade guard comes off
too.

BTW I can use my existing on/off safety switch and reset button.

BoyntonStu