On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:25:52 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:56:45 -0700, the inscrutable
spake:

I would only sell car insurance to motorbike riders. :^)

Short term insurance at highest rates, eh?

What brings you to that conclusion?

Logic?

Flawed logic my friend, but understandably so. I'll get to that point
inna minute.

I believe that motorcyclists have a higher death rate
than auto drivers + higher risk = higher rates.

Jim was talking about providing *automobile* insurance coverage to
people who also ride motorcycles. Motorcycle riders are generally
*much* better automobile drivers than those who never have ridden.
Truckers as well. Folks who need to worry about killing, or being
killed, tend to pay attention more than th' oblivious soccer momma's.

Actuarially, that fact is totally overlooked by insurance
underwriters, hence Jim's million dollah idea.

Now, back to your flawed logic. Statistics suck, so I won't go there.
However, I'd like to ask you another question... what's th' major
contributing factor to this "higher death rate" for motorcyclists that
you speak of?

Snarl