RicodJour

Doug Miller wrote:

Climbing a ladder is not "major physical exercise" for anyone who's

even
half-way in shape.

That wouldn't happen to be an opinion, would it? You're so matter of
fact about it I can't tell. Maybe you're definition of major physical
exercise is different.

In any case it doesn't really matter what your opinion is in this
matter. The opinion of the guy climbing the ladder is what matters.

20 years ago I'd go up a ladder with two bundles on my shoulder. I
weighed about the same as the two bundles back then. Now I'm 20 years
older, 10 punds heavier and I go up with one bundle. Just standing on
the ladder for extended periods bothers me.

I'm not overweight, I'm not lazy and I'm in decent shape. I ride my
bike a lot and go up and down ladders probably more than I'd like. Yet
oddly enough, when I have to load up a roof with shingles, I most
certainly know I was doing some serious exercise at the end of the day.