The Natural Philosopher

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message

Rick wrote:

I have all the info I need on wether I am allowed to put one where

want, and the only thing stopping me is that I am not aloowed to

make

access down the track more difficult for disabled than able bodied
people, which means a "side gate" is required. This rule pretty

much

throws out all but the most expensive gates, and I expect

landowners

will ignore it.

You could put a ramp at the side of the cattle grid. Hinge it along

the

edge transverse to the road and spring or counterweight it so it's
default position is lifted vertical. Wheelchair attendant simply

folds

the ramp down to horizontal, wheels front end of w/chair onto ramp,
weight keeps ramp horizontal until wheelchair rolls off the other

end,

when the ramp self-returns to vertical.

Are you dumb or just stupid ?!..

What if there is no 'wheel chair attendant', how will any wheel chair
attendant both hold the 'flap' down and push the said wheel chair onto
it, are you aware that some wheel chairs have anti tip steadies
sticking out the back which are likely to get side swiped by any
returning flap ?

Shame. I was hoping that any unattended wheelchair user venturing onto
farmland with cattle woud get his skull bashed in by a specially
desiugned spring loaded ramp before the cattle ran him over.

That way the blood could go into the grid, and not spoil the grass.