Michael Chare

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Is it just me or is there anyone else perplexed by the way modern products
seem to have got worse rather than better?

i.e.:

Cars- we bought a ford focus for a runabout day to day car...perfectly
competent car...but- the road noise!...my old Citroen bx..made to a
price...is quieter at 90 than the focus is at 60! same as the missis's
corsa...its a top of the range one, but its still bloody noisy! what's
going on? don't people care about these things nowadays?

My experience of cars is that they have got better.

I also like my programmable CH thermostat which was just not available in the
past.

What frustrates me is the products that you can no longer buy: e.g.

suitcases without wheels

A petrol hover mower that does not have an automatic cut out.

Prune yogurt

--

Michael Chare