Larry Jaques

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:02:44 -0400, the inscrutable "Norman D. Crow"
spake:

wrote in message
oups.com...

AAvK wrote:
Anyone know a good source of cheap hand saw blade guards made of

plastic,
slide-ons for covering the teeth? I think Lee Valley used to sell

them but they
are no longer listed that I can find. I DAYS-ed it and the only

source was at
WWS, $3.99 @27" each and that is like..."whopping" for all I need, 7

guards.
Any pointers much appreciated!

For small saws try Office Depot or Staples. The spines used for
report covers work well.

For larger saws slitting the smallest PVC pipe you can find (1/8" pipe
is just under 1/4" ID) should work or you can make your own out of
wood.

Wood is probably better than PVC. The latter will give off a little
hydrogen cloride over time and may damage the saw.

'Nother alternative, try slitting some 1/4 or 5/16" vacuum hose.

C'mon, guys. Can you say "saw till"? I knew you could.
http://www.shavings.net/sawtill.html (smaller, houses 16-20 saws)
http://homepage.mac.com/oldmillrat/PhotoAlbum49.html (larger, 48 saws)

Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications