Patriarch

Lobby Dosser wrote in
news:C5X3e.1712$%b1.1627@trnddc08:

"AAvK" wrote:

Anyone know a good source of cheap hand saw blade guards made of
plastic, slide-ons for covering the teeth? I think Lee Valley used to
sell them but they are no longer listed that I can find. I DAYS-ed it
and the only source was at WWS, $3.99 @27" each and that is
like..."whopping" for all I need, 7 guards. Any pointers much
appreciated!

Depending on length of saw and how much fiddling you wan to do, you
might want to take a look at the slide on 'report' binders sold in
places like Staples. IIRC, they're pretty cheap and operate on the
same principle.

The sharpening service I use, Bay Area Carbide, in Concord, CA, uses a
sliced plastic tubing to cover the teeth of the circular blades after
sharpening. They also have a slide/clip cover for the hand saws they did
for me. So next time you have a sawblade sharpened, or buy a new blade, or
router/shaper bits, or similar, ask the counter person of you can buy a
couple of extras. Turns out I couldn't buy any, but they gave me a few.
After three or four years, they recognize me a little.

Good folks, mentioned by name in response to Morris' micro-rant in an
earlier post.

Patriarch