My idea:

1 I am thinking of a used worm/hypoid gear circular saw as the
replacement 'motor'. At 13 Amps is is almost 2hp and the bearings

and
the gears are pretty rugged.

2 I would remove the blade guard and I would mount my 10" blade on
the 7-1/4" saw under the table with the blade fully extended.

Anyone ever try this?

It's been done.

I'm not clear on why you'd need to remove the blade guard, but then
I don't see that it would serve any purpose the way you'd be
using it. IF you wil be removing the saw from time to time to use
it by hand you may just want to add a feature to the table that
holds the blade guard retracted.

--

FF