George

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:48:46 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

And lawyers to tell us what NOT to do.

We're being systematically taught that. What does one really learn in
school? To sit still and keep your mouth shut and not challenge

authority
and not take a leak without first securing permission.

You need the Albanian driving test.

Two years of full-time study, including engine rebuilding. They
didn't have many drivers, but the ones they had knew their way around
mechanics. Now they have a whole population that can build anything,
just using baler twine.

You serious? If so, that's cool--would solve a lot of our problems.

Standard Soviet Union, and presumably other Communist clone practice. No
service stations, precious few spare parts, and cash on the barrelhead and
wait for an available vehicle. Nothing new.

Used to laugh down in Cuba, where you could tell the nationality of a
Moskvich owner by the presence or lack of wiper blades. So short in the
USSR that they were constantly pilfered, and the Russians kept up the habit.
It'd start to rain in Leningrad, and traffic would stop while everybody
jumped out and put their blades on.

I'd like to know where you can find a public school where the kids will sit
still and learn the basics. Not in the USA. Not any more.

You can challenge reality if you want to appear an idiot, but it still won't
change it.