Mary Fisher

Default building regs for staircases

"PoP" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:46:07 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I should think that car doors do far more damage. I had my finger trapped

in
an Icelandic taxi and no-one inside could hear me pleading for the door

be open. I was lucky they didn't drive off. You don't necessarily learn

from
such an experience because other people shut the doors on you ...

Some years ago I went out for a pint with my uncle, and he had one of
those old Rover 90's (the sort where you'd take off the top part,
replace it with a cannon and call it a Sherman).

Oh - I drove into a mini bus in one of those. The driver of mini bus was
going through red lights. He ended up in hospital, I walked away. I loved
that car but it certainly was like a tank. It wrote off not only the mini
bus but itself and a very large lamp standard.

We picked up his apprentice and dropped him off outside the pub. They
were always having a laugh, and on this occasion uncle pulled away as
he started getting out of the car.

Unfortunately on a Rover 90 the rear doors open the opposite way to
normal, so the apprentice was literally spread over the pavement.....

I think uncle bought the drinks immediately afterwards!

My wedding day was supposed to end in a splendid meal at a very expensive
restaurant. My father had his hand trapped in the top of the door of a hire
car and ended up in A&E.

We all ended up at a Chinese restaurant- not quite the same as what Spouse's
father had intended ...

Mary

PoP

---