MUADIBŪ

If climbing a ladder empty-handed is "major physical labor"... perhaps you
should consider joining Weigh****chers.

"Major physical labor"! Sheesh. Get off the couch more.

Well, I see you're a physically fit active guy. That makes everyone
else lazy now does it?

I typically am pretty active, high energy and get a lot of stuff done
in a day as well as move very quickly almost all the time (when my
back is not giving me problems as it is this week). does this make me
lazy because I don;t go up and down ladders and stairs a lot?

I think I am a bit overweight and that is not good, but it does not
make me lazy by any means. I might call *you* lazy too if I saw how
you move, work, and play also. But that would only be to make a point.

I have no idea how the folks on the newsgroup can decide what another
person is like merely by extracting it from their imagination.

Now, I apologize if I am not Charles Atlas, and that I have a wife who
caters to my appetite. But that doesn;t by any means make me Lazy.

I am 6' tall and weigh about 200lbs. A bit heavy as I said before.

My job entails a lot of driving, a lot of walking (very fast paced
normally) and a lot of getting in and out of cars. This is what I do
to make a living. I am not a roofer, That would be a job for someone
who does that stuff for a living. I am not all too sure I'd want to
just throw my car needs to just any ol' roofer out there, as well I
would hope that a guy who needs a roof would not call a mechanic or
electrical technician.................

Back to the original statement I made. Climbing a ladder is
definitely something I would consider a major physical activity. Maybe
you don't. So let me try and explain it another way.

Climbing a ladder, four feet of it at least, about a hundred times in
a 4 hour period, is, and will always be pretty physical. Now keep in
mind, that's only lifting yourself..............get back to me with
video on how much of a bad-ass you are doing this,................get
off the ladder, move it a foot and climb back up and down, move it a
foot, climb up, down, move it, etc... do this until you've got to 100
times or so, then talk to me about what major physical labor is...
Now,...........add 67lbs of shingles and the extra balancing it takes
to do this, and go ahead and climb the extra 6-8 feet of ladder to get
the shingles up on the roof...........keeping in mind that you can
only stack them suckers so high, before someone has to move those or
move the ladder over and start a new stack............40 squares of
this will be like taking a nap for you if I recall what lazy is to
you.

I stated the "major physical labor" part to make sure someone
understood what it is to do something simple, but to do it many times.
Most of the DIY'rs are not typical construction grunts, or active gym
attendees, but average people. Keep this in mind when you start
calling people lazy. I take a small bit of offense to it, however I
understand how it could simply not be apparent to simpler minds how
much work some things will become if you are not one who makes a
living at a particular excersize.

Please forgive me if this is over your head and under your muscle.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....