Mark

Bennett Price wrote:
DL wrote:

I tried alt.home-theater and alt.home-theater.misc with no results

on this
specific question.

I am in the process of finishing my basement and have run in-wall

speaker
wire (Monster CI-Pro) for the speakers and subwoofer lines. Is

there a
problem running the speaker wiring right next to the normal 12-2

outlet
power lines? For a 6' distance, the speaker wires are run next to

the power
(110v 12-2) wires. Will this cause a problem interference that

will be
noticable when the AV/Stereo is being used? I was told that this

might
cause interference with the speaker or subwoofer operation.

David

No, you won't cause hum. If you have the equipment at hand, just try

it
- put 6' of speaker wire next to an extension cord and listen for hum

with and without a load on the extension cord. If the wires were

signal
(tuner output, e.g.) there might be a problem; if they were magnetic
phono cartridge there would definitely be a problem.

Agreed, a speaker lead is not likely to pick up hum.
Good suggestion to try it.

Mark