Mark S.

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:04:03 +0100, Keiron Carroll
wrote:

I have one of the new type push button toilets I installed just last
year in the bathroom and have noticed in the last month or so that there
is a continuous trickle of water flowing from the rim into the bowl and
every now and then including throughout the night a subsequent top-up
sound heard. There seems very little in there to go wrong, is there a
diaphragm I wonder at the very seat of the central fixings which could
possibly be leaking?? I haven't a clue how this new type flush system
works and would appreciate any help from those more enlightened. It's a
two button arrangement and has a 'float' connected to these buttons
indirectly. I have to say it all looks very very flimsy. I'd also
appreciate any web site url's which show this kind of arrangement so I
can learn a bit more myself. Many thanks in advance.

Keiron Carroll

Mine is a single button type but I was never happy with the float
arrangement due to the slim ciston not actually being big enough for
the float to float freely so it tends to stick against the mechanism
or wall.

The water comes from a plastic tube in the middle of the top bit,
imagine a Kerplunk type object sat in the top and that's it.
You push the button and it opens the bottom bit and the water flows
out so the seal could be leaking.

Mine's due to the internal overflow doing it's job when the float
sticks. Still beats it overflowing under the bath like it did before
I replaced the suite. ;-)

Mark S.