Keiron Carroll

Default Push button toilet flush problem

I have one of the new type push button toilets I installed just last
year in the bathroom and have noticed in the last month or so that there
is a continuous trickle of water flowing from the rim into the bowl and
every now and then including throughout the night a subsequent top-up
sound heard. There seems very little in there to go wrong, is there a
diaphragm I wonder at the very seat of the central fixings which could
possibly be leaking?? I haven't a clue how this new type flush system
works and would appreciate any help from those more enlightened. It's a
two button arrangement and has a 'float' connected to these buttons
indirectly. I have to say it all looks very very flimsy. I'd also
appreciate any web site url's which show this kind of arrangement so I
can learn a bit more myself. Many thanks in advance.

Keiron Carroll