Karl Vorwerk

One Halloween when my Grandfather was a teenager (1901-1905) his brothers
and friends decided to put the wagon on top the barn. So they spent several
hours in the dark hauling the parts up onto the roof and putting it back
together. The next morning when my Great-grandfather got up and walked
outside he saw the wagon up on the roof . He walked back inside and said "I
don't know how the wagon got itself up on the barn roof but it better get
itself down real quick." At which point my Grandfather and his brothers set
a new record getting the wagon back on the ground.
I've always wondered if they woke up my Great-grandfather. It would be
pretty hard haul the wagon parts up onto the roof without making some noise
or setting the dog off barking. I can see him sitting at the window watching
them, laughing to himself, waiting to get them in the morning.
Karl

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

Halloween night, 1956. We decide to steal an outhouse and put it on
the front lawn of the high-school. Sneak into the farmers back yard,
about 10 of us, and three guys go around to the back. Farmer must
have decided to move it within the last few days, and had not covered
over the old hole yet. Two guys fell in. They walked about 3 miles
back to town. We wouldn't even let them in the back of one of the
pickup trucks!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:12:25 GMT, (Old Nick)
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:38:57 -0500, "ATP*" wrote
something
......and in reply I say!:

We have an old three holer outhouse that is now a garden shed. It had
the same sheet metal roof in hip form, and I liked the look so left it
alone (unlike the house where I had the metal torn off and replaced
with a membrane roof). One day I was mowing the lawn and found a
piece of rusty metal, I looked over at the back of the outhouse and
there was a big burn mark and at least 3 feet of the roof had been
blown off.

Good thing it's no longer in active use!

Glad I didn't let _that_ one fly in the living room!
Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")