Bob G.

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 18:48:42 +0100, tomeshew
wrote:

Ron M. Wrote:
I have an average-size 3 bedroom, 2 bath house that needs a new roof.
The old one's fine, it's just getting a little thin in places where it
was hit by hailstones, and the gritty stuff on the shingles seems to
be
coming off more than it used to. The roof is 9 years old. We're in
central Texas, near Austin. It's just a standard, asphalt composite
shingle roof.

I can replace this roof myself - I've done this before - but one
question. Is there some method or device I can use to get those
packages of shingles up onto the roof? These things are HEAVY. I
picked
up one at Home Depot, and one package must weigh 80+ pounds. I can't
imagine hauling a roof-full of them up a ladder, one at a time.

Thanks,
R.M.

A helper can easily hump 1/2 bundles up quicker than you can lay them.
Tom

I am in my 60's...and to be honest I used to LUG thoise things up on
the roof myself... But when I replaced my roof 3-4 years ago LOWES
delivered the shinkles TO THE ROOF... ON THE ROOF...
Maybe I should have shopped around for better shingles BUT once I
found out they would place them on the roof... I wrote the check...

Bob Griffiths