jim rozen

In article , Andy Asberry says...

We peeled off what was left of his clothes, layed him in the bed of a
pickup and washed him off with a hose. He was cussing quite a bit. Of
course, it was October. WE decided we had better take him home to his
Mama. That would at least stop the cussing. It took two weeks of
healing before he could come back to school.

I've seen worse Andy. My buddies and I were drinking beer behind
one guy's house - we didn't realize that one of the guys had jack
daniels in his bottles until it was too late. So the other two
of us had to figure out how to walk him home (we had driver's
licenses by then, but were too smart to go driving around in that
state) and inform his parents about the state of their son.

We were escorting him up the hill towards his house trying to sort
the problem out in our mind when a guy in a VW bug came over the
hilltop on the sidewalk and mowed us down, didn't even slow down
or stop.

The guy we were bringing home got knocked spang out of his sneakers
(really did happen, they were down the road apiece with the coat
I had lent him) and gave him a compound fracture of his femur. That's
a pretty strong bone in a 17 year old, too.

He spent more than two weeks, and it wasn't at home, before he
could go back to school. They caught the guy because we gave
a pretty good description and he left a bunch of his car trim
bits on the roadside after hitting a street sign.

I still remember getting up after the car went by - the other
guy who was with me, had my glasses in his hands. I had his.
Never *did* figure that one out. It's a slap miracle that teenagers
survive to adulthood.

Jim

please reply to: