DL

Default 12-2 outlet power lines interference with Speaker / Subwoofer in-wall wiring

I tried alt.home-theater and alt.home-theater.misc with no results on this
specific question.

I am in the process of finishing my basement and have run in-wall speaker
wire (Monster CI-Pro) for the speakers and subwoofer lines. Is there a
problem running the speaker wiring right next to the normal 12-2 outlet
power lines? For a 6' distance, the speaker wires are run next to the power
(110v 12-2) wires. Will this cause a problem interference that will be
noticable when the AV/Stereo is being used? I was told that this might
cause interference with the speaker or subwoofer operation.

David