Greg O

wrote in message
oups.com...
My post said, "Up one flight". It goes to the second floor. ;)

One floor, two floors, whatever. I would not want to be on the wrong end of
a lawsuit involving bodily injury or death from something I created.
Hopefully you will never find out what it is like.
What do you think would happen if your 300 lb. neighbor is riding up and the
elevator has a catastrophic failure. Falls, breaks a leg, wrenches his back,
can't walk anymore. Somebody will pay, and pay dearly. If you want to take
the risk, fine.
The liability is what I have issue with, not whether it can/could be built.

Any one else see reference to a fellow that built a trolley to get up and
down the bank at his lake home? He loaded it up with people and a drive
coupling failed and lost control. I forget who all got hurt, but there were
lawsuits and counter suits. The lawyers got wealthy from it!

If you want to cobble a tablesaw together from a skill saw have at it. I
just would not let anyone else use it.
Greg