Andy Asberry

On 2 Apr 2005 07:30:59 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Moving an outhouse a "few feet back" was standard practice during
Halloween to one up the tricksters. ;)

Also since many outhouses were used in the dead of night in almost zero
light conditions (many users could and did walk there with their eyes
closed), some outhouses of troublesome neighbors were regularly
relocated by the neighborhood's kids at dusk. ;))

One must remember that this was before kids had other distractions like
television, video games and Internet to keep their attention.

So much for good clean fun....

TMT

To set the time frame for this tale; remember when motor oil came in
real cans? (metal content)

A bunch of high school girls were having a Halloween slumber party
about a half mile south of here up a gravel road. A bunch of girls
attracts a bunch of boys; at my house since I lived closest to the
slumber party.

WE decide to scare the girls. We had a lot of old farm machinery at
our place. Among this collection was the front axle from a horse drawn
wagon. WE decide to tie empty oil cans to the wheel spokes with baling
wire and make a screaming run around the farm house full of girls. WE
decide to put a handful of gravel in each can for effect. WE decide to
hitch ourselves to the tongue with wire around our waists.

We sneak up their drive before tying the cans to the wheels. Someone
gives the signal (there is always a signal) and away we go around the
house a few times, yelling and making teenage boy noises.

The girls all run out on the porch screaming. You would think they
would run inside if they were frightened. Female logic.

We break the circle, head down the drive and hit the gravel road back
to my house. We still making all the noise we can when Vaughn falls
down. With all the noise, no one notices in the dark. He's tied to the
tongue with wire. The wheels run over him a few times and the cans are
banging him pretty good. Anyway, after this half mile run and dragging
Vaughn half that, we're really worn out. We darned near killed him.

We peeled off what was left of his clothes, layed him in the bed of a
pickup and washed him off with a hose. He was cussing quite a bit. Of
course, it was October. WE decided we had better take him home to his
Mama. That would at least stop the cussing. It took two weeks of
healing before he could come back to school.