Discharging fire arm in urban area will get you a visit by some
nervious and or ****ed cops, not the mention the danger to others,
however a good pellit gun will dispatch furry rats (squrrel) and be
quite aversive to cats and if not silent damm close.

On 1 Apr 2005 04:05:36 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

The Real Tom tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com wrote in
news
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:41:42 -0700, "xrongor"
wrote:

see you catching or transporting the cat. Cat owners who allow
their cats to illegally go off their property

Its NOT illegal.

Depends on where you live. It's illegal in my county. Here's the
excerpt from my county code:

Sec. 6-3. Animals at large.
(a) No person shall allow any animal to roam or stray or to
be off the keeper's premises unless it is at all times under
verbal control or physical restraint of a responsible person.

Unless of course you have the cat under verbal control.

whether its legal or not for the cat to stray (or even practical), it
is still illegal for you to shoot it.

No it's not.

Officer, he was charging at me, and I feared for my life. He could
have had rabies!

:-P

Heck,you could -kick- a cat away easily in that RARE event.
And you probably couldn't hit a fast-moving cat and your shots would end up
going thru a neighbors wall,or your foot.
I suspect discharging a firearm in urban areas for such a 'situation' would
get you charged with a crime.Maybe reckless endangerment.