My post said, "Up one flight". It goes to the second floor. ;)

As 4simplertimes indicated, you don't need manufactured tools to get
the job done right. What is a table sawe?

Simply, a rotating blade that comes up through a slot in a table top.
All the rest is your settup ability to keep the stock moving parallel
to the blade. AAMOF I invented a table saw that used a Milwaukee
Sawzall demo saw as the cutter. It would cut steel and RR ties. Try
that on your table saw. It could also tilt in both directions. Ever
run into a situation that need that feature? I did once, and that is
why I came up with the idea. BTW You could also use a really wide
'blade' covered with sandpaper and walla a table sander. Speaking of
safety; what is safer a circular blade or a recipricating blade?
Obvious isn't it?

BoyntonStu