Jim,

I will take a photo of the homemade table saw in the near future.
Actually it works very well and the fence is quite accurate. I built it
out of formica covered particlebnoard that once was a kitchen cabinet.
The fence is a 24" aluminum clamp with a 3" piece of formica board
attached. It is about as accurate as the Delta. No fooling! The
'table' is a few plastic milk crates. The table top fits on top of the
the milk crate and the Skil saw beneath goes into the crate. As
portable and as light as any table saw I ever saw. I store it up on the
wall in my garage, Skil saw and fence attached.

My other 'stupid/dangerous' project is my $100 homebuilt elevator.
Googlers told me that it would not work 2 years ago. We use it every
day. The is based on a 3/4" pipe clamp as the safety brake. A HF 440
lb hoist is the power. 12 seconds and my 300 pound neighbor is up 1
flight with a smile on his face.

BoyntonStu