Mary Fisher

Default building regs for staircases

Mary Fisher wrote:

Having climmbed the pyramid at Chichen Itza, with about 40 lbs of camera
equipment and only a rope to hold onto, with the pitch and step size
well outside regulations,

You mean building regulations were ignored when they built the pyramids?

I think there regulations were differenet. As I understand it, throwing
people down the steps after cutting their throats or something was part
of the design spec.

Remember, Chichen Itza is in the middle of what amounts to a cocaine
jungle.

I didn't see that bit, I imagined Egypt ... I really MUST read more
carefully (remembering teachers' tellings off ... )

Horrors!

Indeed. Meso american culture is noted for its barbarity.

No change there ... :-(

Mary