The Natural Philosopher

Default building regs for staircases

Mary Fisher wrote:

"James Salisbury" wrote in message

Ever been up the Monument in London. One spiral all the way to the top

with

2-way traffic!!

It was closed when I wanted to :-(

But there are lots of ruined castles like that and the stones are often worn
and uneven - many have a deliberate 'trip' step. I've not heard of
casualties.

Several people have died at Chichen Itza. (from falling down it) You are
not allowed to go up it any more.

Building regs are actually fairly sane on staircases IMHO. Falling down
stairs is a very frequent cause of severe injury to elederly people.
Especially those living with their children I would imageine

"She just tripped, honest gov, the kids must have left their toys there"

"amd how do you explain teh boot mark in teh small of het back then"

"err.....I left my boot on teh stairs as well. Must have fallen on it,
honest gov"

Mary