Owain

Rick wrote:
I have all the info I need on wether I am allowed to put one where I
want, and the only thing stopping me is that I am not aloowed to make
access down the track more difficult for disabled than able bodied
people, which means a "side gate" is required. This rule pretty much
throws out all but the most expensive gates, and I expect landowners
will ignore it.

You could put a ramp at the side of the cattle grid. Hinge it along the
edge transverse to the road and spring or counterweight it so it's
default position is lifted vertical. Wheelchair attendant simply folds
the ramp down to horizontal, wheels front end of w/chair onto ramp,
weight keeps ramp horizontal until wheelchair rolls off the other end,
when the ramp self-returns to vertical.

Owain