Rick

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:51:37 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article , "Rick"
says...
Anybody know where to get a reasonably priced cattle grid. The best
price I have locally is 750 quid + VAT, which sounds like the bees
knees model, and is more than I wanted to pay.

The steel cost is about 200-300 quid, but I have never welded before.
I could build a castle shaped wall at the ends, and 2 in the middle,
and just sit the steel onto it, as long as I can get the steel out
once a year for cleaning the pit .......

Could you use scrap railway track? Just an idea.

Any idea where to buy scrap railway track, if it takes hundreds of
tonnes of train, it should take a tractor ?

Rick